|CHAPTER TWO SUMMARY|
Chapter Two: The execution took a terrible turn. The axe handler purposefully set the Bloodhawk free, and the released captive made a mad dash for escape. The party defeated the mad exectioner, killed the Bloodhawk, and searched for clues behind the murder. They also muscle their way into the dealings of the Naerhand merchant house, and the paladin covertly joins the Flaming Fists. Meanwhile, interest in the urban legend of the lost Tower of Bearded Raahm reaches a peak, and the party heads toward the sewers.
- Party meets the Naerhand family, and gains some temporary employment opportunity / lodging as thanks for helping re-capture the Bloodhawk
- Party learns that Gareau Naerhand interrogated the Bloodhawk, and the only information he shared was a cryptic blurb about “The King That Crawls”. Gareau Naerhand died during the Bloodhawk’s escape and could not be questioned further
- Strife knows some things about The King that Crawls as he is from the underdark
- Strife took off in the middle of the night to investigate the bloodhawk’s tower. He also noticed a few entrances to the sewers during his travels, and noticed one at the base of the tower itself
- Armus Stride covertly joins the Flaming Fists and dazzles the district commander with diplomacy
- Armus also inquired with the chartography guild about procuring a map of the city, and paid the clerk for an “off the record” rough copy of the city map